Workers compensation insurance covers employees against job-related injuries and illnesses, as well as certain medical expenses, lost income, and rehabilitation expenses. It also pays a death benefit to heirs of an employee who dies from a job-related injury or illness. This insurance is usually required by every state although the requirements vary by state. Our insurance agents in California can provide you with additional information.
Why Do I need Workers Compensation Insurance?
“Employers have a legal responsibility to their employees to make the workplace safe. However, accidents happen even when every reasonable safety measure has been taken.
To protect you, the small business owner, from lawsuits resulting from workplace accidents and to provide medical care and compensation for lost income to employees hurt in workplace accidents, in almost every state, businesses are required to buy workers compensation insurance. Workers compensation insurance covers workers injured on the job, whether they’re hurt on the workplace premises or elsewhere, or in auto accidents while on business. It also covers work-related illnesses.”
Reduce Costs, Injuries and Losses
- An extensive Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) network of clinics, physicians and hospitals committed to excellent treatment as well as managing costs.
- Expert review of treatment plans, need for hospital admissions, billing accuracy and potential fraud.
- Early Return-to-Work Programs bringing employees back on the job as soon as possible, saving you money in temporary disability payments and retraining costs.
- Provision of educational materials designed to educate employees on Workers’ Compensation safety programs.
- Access 24/7 online claim filing to ensure that businesses operating around-the-clock don’t lose valuable time between an incident and filing and claim.