This type of insurance covers certain legal liability resulting from bodily injury or property damage caused by the vehicles used in your business. Coverage can extend to vehicles that are leased, rented, or borrowed. You can also insure your commercial vehicles against physical damage from hail, fire, and other risks. Our insurance agents in California can provide you with additional information.
Why do I need commercial insurance for cars or trucks?
Whether your business owns one automobile, truck, or an entire fleet, auto insurance is a mandatory consideration. Businesses that own fleets of vehicles are at an increased risk of loss, and thus require more coverage. For example, vehicles parked together overnight are at risk of being destroyed in a single incident, such as a fire.
All states require vehicle owners to purchase a minimum amount of automobile liability insurance. Most states have separate minimum coverage limits for bodily injury to each person who is hurt in an accident, for bodily injury for all people hurt in the accident, and for property damage. Be sure to purchase enough coverage to protect your business assets — typically this amount will be much higher than the minimum limits mandated by your state.
Flexible Coverage Options that Work for Your Business
- Bodily Injury Liability coverage for other driver’s and passengers’ injuries or death for which you are responsible.
- Property Damage Liability coverage for damages to someone else’s property for which you are responsible.
- Comprehensive Coverage for your vehicle in case of losses resulting from an event other than an accident, such as theft or a tree branch falling on your vehicle.
- Collision Coverage for your vehicle when your car hits, or is hit by, another vehicle.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage for your injuries, damages or death caused by an at-fault driver without insurance or without enough insurance to cover all costs.
- Medical Payments Coverage for care expenses incurred by you and passengers in your vehicle injured in an accident.